Call for application for a Professional Training on : SAGE50 AND QUICKBOOKS FOR ACCOUNTING PROFESSION
Dates : From 26th July to 05th August- 2022 EVENINGS
Venue : University of Rwanda, Gikondo Campus
Sage Accounting is a cloud-based accounting software. With two affordable plans to choose from, Sage Accounting offers essential bookkeeping and accounting features, comprehensive reporting and inventory tracking. It has some advantages like enabling double-entry accounting, unlimited users with Sage Accounting (second-tier plan) and comprehensive reporting and inventory tracking.
On another hand, QuickBooks is user-friendly accounting software that tracks and organizes your financial information for you, eliminating manual data entry. It automates tasks such as bookkeeping, invoicing, time tracking, sales tax management, budgeting, bank reconciliation, and inventory management.
During this two-weeks’ training, trainees will get practical training on how to use the two accounting softwares.
2. Course content
The course content includes :
SAGE 50 :
• Creating a company in Sage 50 Accounting
• Understanding the importance of Settings and Preferences and automating the company
• Understanding and editing the Chart of Accounts
• Understanding the purpose and use of Linked Accounts
• The General Journal and recording General Journal Entries
• Service Items
• Receivables Introduction and Customers setup
• Sales Invoices, Customer Payments and Sales Receipts
• Customer management and maintenance
• Accounts Receivable Reporting
• Payables Introduction and Vendors setup
• Recording Purchases, Bills and Expenses
• Processing Payments by Cheque, EFT, e-Transfers, and Credit Cards
• Vendor management and maintenance
• Accounts Payable Reporting
• Learn how to un-do and adjust transactions to errors
• Recurring Transactions and other time-saving features
• Sales Tax Reporting and Payments
• Banking transactions ; Transfer Funds and Deposit Slips
• Bank Account Reconciliation
• Banking Reports
• Financial Statement Reporting : Trial Balance, Income Statement, Balance Sheet
• Importance of Database Management and company Backups
• Payroll Setup ; Incomes and Deductions
• Employees Records
• Inventory Reporting
• Project Reporting
• Company budgets and budget reports
• Company’s Fiscal Year-End and Year-End Adjusting Entries
• Fiscal Year-End Process and Reporting
• Users and Security Rights
• Using Single and Multi-User Modes
• Keeping track of income, bills and expenses.
• Printing Financial statements like Profit and loss Report, Balance sheet report and Statement of cash flows.
• Creating invoices that can be mailed to customers or printed, and also tracking invoices.
• Scanning, uploading and matching-up receipts with corresponding transactions.
• Tracking Employees work hours and running payrolls.
• Tracking inventory
• Accepting payment online
• Synchronizing with bank and credit card accounts.
3. Training methodology
This training will be run in a workshop style with a high degree of participants’ involvement. Adult learning methodologies will be employed, and participants will not be passive. Debate and open discussions will be encouraged. The trainer will use a mix of presentations to define and explain key concepts and practical exercises. Trainees are encouraged to bring their own laptops.
EPRN will issue completion certificates to participants who will successfully attend the course and pass the course test.
Note : At the end of the course, the trainer will deliver a test, and ONLY participants who will get at least 60% will get the certificates. Others will be advised to wait until another training opportunity for the same course becomes available which they will attend free of charge (this chance is provided only once).
5. Training fees, venue, date and refreshments
• Members : 60,000 Rwf
• Non-members : 100,000 Rwf
This training will be held at University of Rwanda, Gikondo Campus (former SFB building) from 26th July to 05th August- 2022 (evening).
6. Payment process
Interested applicants are encouraged to pay the registration fees through the following bank details :
• Bank Account : 00040 06945750 07 RWF (Bank of Kigali)
• Title of the Account : Economic Policy Research Network
• Register here
Scan the bank slip and send it to : firstname.lastname@example.org OR bring the hard copy of bank slip to EPRN office at University of Rwanda- Gikondo Campus (former SFB).
You can also pay through MTN MOMO PAY (*182*8*1*030683#) or through PayPal on our website (www.eprnrwanda.org) and notify us through email@example.com
NB : Tailor-Made Course
We can also do this as tailor-made course to meet organization-wide needs.
If you need further clarifications, call us through : 0788357648 or write to us : firstname.lastname@example.org