CALL FOR APPLICATION FOR A PROFESSIONAL TRAINING ON “APPLIED RESEARCH SKILLS AND POLICY ANALYSIS”
Dates : 11th -14th February 2022 (9am-4pm) at UR-CBE Gikondo
COVID-19 : All participants must have a negative covid-19 test.
The Economic Policy Research Network (EPRN Rwanda) is A Research and Training Institution aiming at strengthening the capacities of individuals and organizations active in or with an interest in economic policy research and analysis. EPRN Rwanda therefore responds to economic policy gaps resulting mainly from lack of quality and informative research and the challenge of human capacity in terms of limited numbers of economic researchers and active involvement. The mission of EPRN Rwanda is to contribute to the evidence based economic policy making by providing high quality research, building capacity and creating networking opportunities.
2. About the Course
This four days’ course is very hands-on and interactive thus providing a step by step approach to undertake applied research as opposed to academic research, and carry out evidence based policy analysis.
The overarching aim of this course is to provide trainees with experience of using economic analysis to answer real world and often complex policy questions, from both a theoretical and practical perspective. The skills developed could be used to review existing policies and/or to formulate new policies.
This course will cover content which includes :
• Methodologies for research, how to design a research project, criticality in research, ethics, and how to share research effectively
• Key research methods such as secondary and desk-based research, experimental approaches, questionnaires and surveys, content and discourse analysis, observations, interviews and focus groups, as well as social media analytics and analysis
• How to use of quantitative and qualitative data analysis techniques, as well as other potential impact indicators
• How do we analyze policy development and change over time ?
• What tools do we use to analyze policy options ? – cost-benefit analysis (CBA) and multi-criteria decision analysis (MCDA) in policy analysis
• Practical understanding of technics and tools to assess the (likely) effects of policies
3. Training methods
The training course will be run in a workshop style with a high degree of participants’ involvement. Adult learning methodologies will be employed, and participants will not be passive. Debate and open discussions will be encouraged. The trainer will use a mix of presentations to define and explain key concepts and practical exercises.
EPRN will issue completion certificates to participants who will successfully attend the course and pass the course test.
Note : At the end of the course, the trainer will deliver a test, and ONLY participants who will get at least 60% will get the certificates. Others will be advised to wait until another training opportunity for the same course becomes available which they will attend free of charge (this chance is provided only once).
5. Training fees, venue, date and COVID-19 requirements
• Members : 60,000 Rwf
• Non-members : 100,000 Rwf
• Register here
This training will be held at University of Rwanda, Gikondo Campus (former SFB building) from 11th -14th February 2022 (9am-4pm).
All participants are required to be tested negative for Covid-19.
6. Payment process
Interested applicants are encouraged to pay the registration fees through the following bank details :
• Bank Account : 00040 06945750 07 RWF (Bank of Kigali)
• Title of the Account : Economic Policy Research Network
Scan the bank slip and send it to : firstname.lastname@example.org OR bring the hard copy of bank slip to EPRN office at University of Rwanda- Gikondo Campus (former SFB).
You can also pay through MTN MOMO PAY (*182*8*1*030683#) or through PayPal on our website (www.eprnrwanda.org) and notify us through email@example.com
NB : Tailor-Made Course
We can also do this as tailor-made course to meet organization-wide needs.
If you need further clarifications, call us through : 0788357648 or write to us : firstname.lastname@example.org