Call for application for a Professional Training on “Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation”
Dates : 25th -27th June 2021 (9AM – 4PM)
Venue : Online through Zoom
Monitoring and evaluation can be used to demonstrate that programme efforts have had a measurable impact on expected outcomes and have been implemented effectively. It is essential in helping managers, planners, implementers, policy makers and donors acquire the information and understanding they need to make informed decisions about programme operations. Monitoring and evaluation helps with identifying the most valuable and efficient use of resources. It is critical for developing objective conclusions regarding the extent to which programmes can be judged a “success”. Monitoring and evaluation together provide the necessary data to guide strategic planning, to design and implement programmes and projects, and to allocate, and re-allocate resources in better ways (Adapted from Gage and Dunn 2009 ; and Frankel and Gage 2007).
This training is very practical and interactive thus providing a step by step approach to Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting of projects. This course primarily targets project/program managers, specialists, M&E and planning officers, individual consultants and other experts interested in the subject. It is expected that after the course participants will be able to effectively prepare projects and activity’ plans with SMART indicators of success, carry out results-based M&E and able to report on project’s achievements and measure impacts.
2. Course content
This course will cover the following sub-topics :
• An upgraded workable understanding of the key concepts in Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
• An understanding of the importance of integrating Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting into project Planning, and an understanding of where they fit into the project cycle
• Knowledge of how to plan a project using the Logical Framework Approach
• Knowledge of how to develop a Result-based monitoring and evaluation framework
• A basic knowledge of data collection and analysis techniques, and their relationship to the different types of evaluation
• Identify and develop “SMART” objectives and indicators
• Identify and apply appropriate qualitative and quantitative data collection techniques
• Construct a terms of reference and an evaluation report
3. Training methods
The training course will be run in a workshop style with a high degree of participants’ involvement. Adult learning methodologies will be employed, and participants will not be passive. Debate and open discussions will be encouraged. The trainer will use a mix of presentations to define and explain key concepts and practical exercises.
EPRN will issue completion certificates to participants who will successfully attend the course and pass the course test.
Note : At the end of the course, the trainer will deliver a test, and ONLY participants who will get at least 60% will get the certificates. Others will be advised to wait until another training opportunity for the same course becomes available which they will attend free of charge (this chance is provided only once).
5. Training fees, venue, date and refreshments
• Members : 60,000 Rwf
• Non-members : 100,000 Rwf
This training will be held online from 25th to 27th June 2021. Paid trainees will get a zoom link in advance
6. Payment process
Interested applicants are encouraged to pay the registration fees through the following bank details :
• Bank Account : 00040 06945750 07 RWF (Bank of Kigali)
• Title of the Account : Economic Policy Research Network
Scan the bank slip and send it to : firstname.lastname@example.org OR bring the hard copy of bank slip to EPRN office at University of Rwanda- Gikondo Campus (former SFB).
You can also pay through MTN MOMO PAY (*182*8*1*030683#) or through PayPal on our website (www.eprnrwanda.org) and notify us through email@example.com
NB : Tailor-Made Course
We can also do this as tailor-made course to meet organization-wide needs.
If you need further clarifications, call us through : 0788357648 or write to us : firstname.lastname@example.org