Professional Training about “Consultancy Management Skills”
Trainer : Dr. Rukundo Johnson, DATE : 17-20 March 2020 (5h30PM – 9PM) ----Evening program
Call for application : Professional Training about “Consultancy Management Skills”
Like any other business, consultancy practices need to be managed and business performance depends on the quality of management. This intensive course focuses on the key competency areas that are needed to manage consultancy work effectively. This course is for consultants who are in a managerial role in a consulting practice and want to develop their skills and knowledge so they can perform it better. It is also valuable for those who want to progress to more senior roles in a consulting practice that involves managerial as well as consulting skills.
2. Training Objective
The main purpose is to enhance consultancy management skills of new and existing consultants, but also the skills of staff managing consultancies /projects. Even for those with previous management experience, the business of consulting can present new challenges. This course is to equip them with an understanding of the areas in which competence is needed and the skills and techniques needed to perform the managerial role well.
3. Course Content
This course is workshop based, relying not only on input from the trainer/facilitator but also encouraging participants to reflect on their experience in their own practices and to consider the application of learning within their own business environment :
- Self-development : making the most of your own potential
- Development of others : enabling other consultants to deliver better performance
- Managing consultancy business performance
- Managing the sales and marketing function
- Managing client relationships and achieving optimal positioning with the client
- Developing and leveraging corporate intellectual property
- Moving towards promotion
By the end of this course you should :
- understand the processes by which you can develop your own skills
- understand the key processes by which you can manage and develop other consultants both on projects and within the practice
- know the key factors affecting consultancy business performance
- understand the principles of running a sales function both strategically and operationally
- have developed tools and techniques that enable you to be better able to manage clients’ relationships
- understand how to develop and leverage corporate intellectual property
5. Training methods
The training course will be run in a workshop style with a high degree of participant involvement. Group work will be interspersed with input sessions. Adult learning methodologies will be employed, and participants will not be passive. Debate and discussion will be encouraged. The trainer is an expert facilitator, and under his guidance, the participants will also be able to learn from and share with each other.
EPRN will issue completion certificates to participants who successfully attended the course and pass the course test.
Note : At the end of the course, the trainer will deliver a test, and ONLY participants to pass the course with at least 60% will get the certificate. Others will be advised to wait until another training opportunity for the same course (free of charge)
7. Training Fees
- Members : 40,000 Rwf
- Non-members : 100,000 Rwf
8. Application process
Interested applicants are encouraged to pay the registration fees through the following bank details :
- Bank Account : 00040 06945750 07 RWF (Bank of Kigali)
- Title of the Account : Economic Policy Research Network
Scan the bank slip and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy to email@example.com OR bring the hard copy of the bank slip to the EPRN office at UR-CBE Gikondo (former SFB).
NB : Applicants are required to bring their laptops. EPRN will provide lunch to participants and Training Venue is at University Building, Gikondo Campus.
9. How to become ‘EPRN Member’ ?
- Key Membership Benefits are : Networking with other experts, professional training at a discounted rate, online free online training, research facilitation (mentorship and presentations), Study dissemination through policy debates and conferences, linkage to resource parsons/experts, easy flow of information through a wide network of experts, etc…
- Annual Membership Fees (valid from January to December each year) :
- Individuals : Senior members pay 50,000 Rwf (local) and 100,000 Rwf (international). Master Students and bachelor graduates pay 20,000 Rwf and Bachelor Students pay 5,000 Rwf.
- Institutional membership is also available : Development Partners, INGOs, Government Ministries and Government agencies pay 2 Million Rwf. Other Institutions like Universities, CSOs/NGOs, Private Companies pay 1 Million Rwf.
If you need further clarifications, call us through : 0788357648 or write to us : firstname.lastname@example.org