Recruitment of Expert to Create and operationalize the “E-learning platform for the Economic Policy Research Network
Terms of Reference
The Economic Policy Research Network (EPRN Rwanda) is a research network aiming at strengthening the capacities of individuals and organizations active in or with an interest in economic policy research and analysis. EPRN Rwanda therefore responds to economic policy gaps resulting mainly from lack of quality and informative research and the challenge of human capacity in terms of limited numbers of economic researchers and active involvement.
The mission of EPRN Rwanda is to contribute to the evidence based economic policy making by providing high quality research, building capacity and creating networking opportunities.
2. MAIN TASKS OF THE SERVICE
The service includes the following tasks :
2.1. E-learning platform.
An e-learning platform will be implemented, set online and fully tested, according to the following requirements :
- Designing and developing a functional prototype of the online learning modules for review and validation ;
- Completing development of the self-paced and interactive learning modules ;
- Integrating the learning modules into the existing EPRN Membership platform
- Should be developed in PHP MVC specifically in Laravel
- The platform database should be in Mysql
- Customization of the graphical interface according to the EPRN Rwanda Graphic identity ;
- Creation of the “self-registration” function with confirmation by the Platform manager ;
- Online technical support for users until the end of the EPRN project, answers to be provided by email within working 24 hours ;
- Maintenance of the system ;
- Implementation of an easy to use User’s Guide in PDF and of a Video tutorial explaining how to use the platform ;
2.2. ADMIN Module
- Being able to manage members/students accounts ;
- Ability to create a new course ;
- Admin should be able to upload course attachment in PDF, Word, Excel…
- Ability to create evaluation test with multiple choice option ;
- Management of Evaluation course ;
- Management of Members Marks / Certificate ;
2.3. Members Module
- Being able to create an account online ;
- Profile Account Editing ;
- Ability to subscribe on one or many courses ;
- Member should be able to take a course and do an evaluation test at the end of the course ;
- Being able to Download a certificate after successfully completed the course ;
Specifically the consultant will perform the following tasks :
2. 4. Project Management & Content Design and Development
a. Participate in an initial kick-off meeting to meet with the EPRN E-learning project team, to discuss the project, validate critical objectives, agree on learning objectives, and to develop a project plan to guide the project through completion.
b. Continuous updates to the EPRN E-learning project team on progress of assignment
c. Collaborate with EPRN team to manage content reviews.
d. Work with the EPRN E-learning project team to understand existing content and to instructionally design the content into storyboards to meet the agreed learning objectives.
The work is expected to start once the contract is signed by the Consultant, it is expected to be completed in approx. 45 working days.
a. The firm’s team must be comprised of qualified experts, with a demonstrated track record in developing quality web application such as online learning. Overall experience of firm should be more than 5+ years.
b. The firm should have a strong project management ability and excellent communication skills
c. References and examples of past work are required and should be included in the proposal.
5. Application Process
Interested firms are requested to submit both technical and financial offers at EPRN office located at UR-CBE Gikondo (ex SFB) by not later than 21/05/2019, 5pm local time. Applications may also be sent through EPRN P.O. Box : 7375 Kigali-Rwanda until 21/05/2019, 1pm OR emailed to : email@example.com (please send all documents in PDF format and indicate “EPRN E-learning” in the email subject) by not later than 21/05/2019, 5pm local time.