Feminist Working Group on Just Transition (FWgJT 23)
The answered and fulfilled application form has to be submitted until Sunday, 16th of January 2023, 6pm
Call for application for the 3rd cohort.
FES Rwanda and Economic Policy Research Network (EPRN) are launching a Call for application for the 3rd cohort of Female working group on feminism, gender justice and just transition. The program aims to create a group of strong female actors and provide them the space as well as inputs for discussing socio-economic questions from a feminist perspective. Organizers : EPRN & FES Rwanda
The Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES) is a non-profit Germany political foundation, created in 1925. The main objectives of FES are the promotion of social democracy, gender justice, good governance, peace and security, climate change and decent work for all.
EPRN is a Research and Training Institution with Non- Governmental Organization status. It has the mission, “to contribute to the evidence based economic policy making by providing high quality research, building capacity and creating networking opportunities.”
2. Background of the program
Worldwide and in Africa, feminism, gender justice and just transition are dominating debates and attracting activist movements in human rights, gender justice, social democracy, and inclusive sustainable development. Actors in those fields are discussing and rethinking on how to enhance equal opportunities of sexes from political, socio-cultural and economic contexts to achieve inclusive sustainable development sometime referred to as “leave no one behind”.
These debates include discussions about redistribution and recognition, as for example unpaid care work and care economy. The question is how a social and economic system can recognize and respect care work by laws and policies ? In terms of climate crisis, the question is, how to transition from our current economic production model to a green and sustainable production and consumption with respect to decent work and workers’ rights ? How would this transition integrate feminism and gender justice ?
Those questions shall be discussed in the mentioned program.
Up to 20 female participants will be selected from different professional background including Civil servants from Ministries & districts, national and international organizations (NGOs, CSOs), Academia ; Media ; Trade Unions ; Private Sector ; universities (incl. students ) as well as Gender Activists and feminists with knowledge and further interest in gender justice, inclusive sustainable development, social democracy and just transition.
Age range 25 - 40 years old
Working language English
• to create a feminist and gender justice group to enhance awareness and activism on feminism, gender justice and just transition
• to increase the understanding of the participants and their communities about the topics and their link to social democracy, climate justice and just transition.
• to integrate feminism, and just transition in the inclusive and sustainable
development and the debates around it.
• to give women a platform and a safe space of sharing experience, exchanges and exposure to various aspects of feminism, gender justice, social democracy and just transitions aspects.
5. The FWgJT will focus on the following
• Exchanging and gaining knowledge and skills about feminism, climate crises, gender justice, care economy and just transition
• Strengthen collective activism and women engagement in addressing socioeconomic questions.
• Creating and strengthening a space for women to exchange and interact and share experience and knowledge.
• Establish connections with experts in the field.
• Come together and develop joint projects to create a gender just society.
6. Expected results
At the end of the program, participants will :
• Understand the concepts of feminism, social democracy, good governance, care economy, climate justice and inclusive sustainable development and reflect them on gender justice.
• Utilise soft skills for their engagement in society.
• Have strengthened their active role in the Rwandan society and their contribution to Rwanda‘s vision 2050 and the overall socio-economic development.
• Have created a learning and exchange forum and are connected to the other alumni of previous female working groups cohorts for collective actions.
• Have a project that integrate democratic values and gender justice principles
7. Training Approach
The FWgJT is a learning and exchange program designed for a group of Rwandan young
women that includes :
• Thematic training and workshops for strengthening the participant’s community
engagement and activism.
• Discussion and exchange where participants will learn, interact, and connect with Rwandan and foreign personalities, as well as a space to share experience and to learn from each other.
• Study tours to learn from advanced and impacted initiatives.
• Personal, group or peer support work, online documentation, and case studies.
• Soft skills that respond to identified gaps and complement acquired thematic
topics or further initiatives.
Duration and Frequency
The program will run for 6 months with 6 physical sessions of 2 days per months in Kigali.
FES and EPRN will provide transport and accommodation (for those not living in Kigali) allowances.
The launch of the program will be organized in March 2023 and the closing ceremony of the program will take place in September 2023.
8. Selection criteria
• Young Rwandan women who are involved in societal and/or community engagement or activism and interested in the above topics,
• Aged between 25 and 40 years,
• Young professionals or fresh graduate from different fields and backgrounds such as Civil servants, NGos, Civil Society Organizations, etc.
• Gender Activists and Feminists,
• Holders of a university degree and/or a minimum of 2 years of professional
• Fluent in Kinyarwanda and English, French knowledge is an advantage.
Should you have any question for clarification about the above-mentioned program, do not hesitate to contact us on email at email@example.com /firstname.lastname@example.org Or call Tel : +250 7869 500 20/+250788301255
Deadline for application :
The answered and fulfilled application form has to be submitted until Sunday, 16th of January 2023, 6pm – the document should be fully fulfilled via www.fesrwanda.org only.
Incomplete application will not be consideredDoc 1