CALL FOR APPLICATION for a Certified Course on : Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning – MEAL
Date : 03rd – 4th and 10th-11th September 2022
Venue : University of Rwanda, Gikondo Campus
The Institute of Certified Chartered Economists –ICCE, is a professional body for economists providing the Chartered Economist designation globally. It is dedicated to equipping professionals in the economics and finance industries with the needed skill sets, expertise, and qualifications that help them to rise to the top of their chosen career. The Institute is headquartered in Boston, MA, USA.
The Economic Policy Research Network -EPRN is a member-based Research and Training Institution formally registered in 2018. EPRN is a Non-Governmental Organization registered with the Rwanda Governance Board (Registration No 403/RGB/NGO/LP/2018), whose principal place of business is at KK 737 St, Kigali Rwanda.
Based on the MoU signed between by the two institutions on June 09th 2022 ; EPRN is pleased to invite all interested trainees to attend the certified course on : Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning – MEAL
2. Targeted audience
This training course is for you if :
• You are monitoring and evaluation manager and you want to develop your knowledge on MEAL approach and tools
• You are field coordinator or project manager and you want to improve your skills on MEAL approach and tools
• You are interested to develop (or create) your career or specific knowledge on MEAL approach and tools
3. Objectives and Content
This training course will cover the methodological approach of Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning which is important to insure the quality of projects and development programmes.
By attending this open training course, you will understand and apply appropriate approaches and tools of MEAL. And more specifically, you will know how to :
• Define concepts and approaches related to MEAL
• Include the MEAL approach in a project cycle management
• Design and use main MEAL tools (MEAL Plan, survey tools, evaluation report, accountability mechanism)
• Apply the MEAL approach in the implementation of humanitarian projects and programs.
• Knowledge of how to plan a project using the Logical Framework Approach
• Knowledge of how to develop a Result-based monitoring and evaluation framework
• A basic knowledge of data collection and analysis techniques, and their relationship to the different types of evaluation
• Identify and develop “SMART” objectives and indicators
• Identify and apply appropriate qualitative and quantitative data collection techniques
Successful trainees (minimum 60% pass mark) will get an ICCE International Certified Certificate. After-training test is mandatory.
This training is for 60 hours (30 hrs. for theories and 30hrs. for practices). The theory part will be covered in four full days : 03rd-04th and 10th-11th September 2022). The Venue is University of Rwanda, Gikondo Campus.
6. Training fee
To get training materials in advance, we encourage you to process your payment as soon you can and notify EPRN. Note that only trainees with proof of payment will be admitted to the course.
• Training fee : 250,000 Rwf per individual (non-EPRN members) or 200,000 Rwf (for EPRN members). If you wish to be an EPRN member, kindly contact the provided contacts on section 7.
• For Institutions with at least 5 participants, the training fees is 200 000 RWF per person
7. Payment Process
Applicants are kindly requested to pay the training fees through the following bank details :
• Bank Account : 00040 06945750 07 RWF (Bank of Kigali)
Title of the Account : Economic Policy Research Network
• MTN MOMO PAY (*182*8*1*030683#)
• E-payment through PayPal on our website (www.eprnrwanda.org) and notify us through firstname.lastname@example.org
For potential more details, kindly call 0788357648 or 0789943008 or write to us through : email@example.com and copy to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.