CALL FOR APPLICATION for a Professional Training on “Grant Proposal Writing Skills (including concept notes development and report writing packages)”
Dates : 28th February-3rd March 2022 (5h30pm-9pm) at UR-CBE Gikondo
The Training will be conducted by respecting all COVID–19 preventive measures
This course will help you to master the art of fundraising through writing winning grants proposals. We normally write proposals because donors call for submission of proposals. Sometimes, we approach the donors asking the possibility of getting budget. In both cases, we have to describe about our organization, why we want to carry out this project, what we will do and how much money we request. At the same time, it is necessary to consider specific needs of the donor. Many of the donors have clear proposal guidelines with formats. It is important to read them carefully before we write the proposal. We also need to understand or assume that the donors do not know well about the area we are talking about and sometimes they don’t know what is going on. Brief explanation about your area can help them understand the situation well.
2. Why attend this Training
This course is a great fit for you or your organization if you :
• Write new business proposals or respond to RFPs/Grants.
• Work on a resource mobilization.
• Are new to writing winning grant proposals.
• Want to improve your proposal writing skills.
• Write internal business proposals.
• Review proposals before submission.
3. What you’ll learn
• Write proposals with a higher chance of winning.
• Learn how to differentiate your proposals from competitors.
• Best practices, templates, guides, and tips and tricks.
• Proposal strategy, planning, drafting and improving.
• Thinking like a proposal analyst, funder, buyer or investor.
• Learning to win business via grants and contracts.
• Guided hands-on practical proposal writing sessions
4. Training methods
The training course will be run in a workshop style with a high degree of participants’ involvement. Adult learning methodologies will be employed, and participants will not be passive. Debate and open discussions will be encouraged. The trainer will use a mix of presentations to define and explain key concepts and practical exercises. Some examples of successful proposals will be analyzed and key lessons be learnt from there.
EPRN will issue completion certificates to participants who will successfully attend the course and pass the course test.
Note : At the end of the course, the trainer will deliver a test, and ONLY participants who will get at least 60% will get the certificates. Others will be advised to wait until another similar training opportunity which they will attend free of charge (this chance is provided only once).
6. Training fees, venue, date
• Members : 60,000 Rwf
• Non-members : 100,000 Rwf
This training will be held at University of Rwanda, Gikondo Campus (former SFB building) from 28th February-3rd March 2022 (5h30pm-9pm).
7. Payment process
Interested applicants are encouraged to pay the registration fees through the following bank details :
• Bank Account : 00040 06945750 07 RWF (Bank of Kigali)
• Title of the Account : Economic Policy Research Network
You can also pay through MTN MOMO PAY (*182*8*1*030683#) or through PayPal on our website (www.eprnrwanda.org) and notify us through firstname.lastname@example.org.
NB : Tailor-Made Course : We can also do this as tailor-made course to meet organization-wide needs.
If you need further clarifications, call us through : 0788357648 or write to us : email@example.com