Call for application for a Professional Training on “Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation”
Date and time : 10-12/12/2021 (9h00am-4h00pm) @University of Rwanda, CBE Gikondo (Former SFB buildings)
Participants will be required to present a negative covid-19 test.
SPSS (Special Package for Social Sciences) is one of the most popular software packages for conducting statistical analysis.
In everyday analysis researchers encounter categorical variables (eg. Marital status, gender, income groups, district of residence, age groups, occupation, area of residence, to name but a few). This training will demonstrate how to deal with these type of variables using SPSS software. The emphasis will be put on transforming these variables and analyzing relationships among them using regression techniques, in order to inform decision making and evaluation. The training will be practical ; participants will work on existing datasets for practices.
2. Summarized Course Content
• Levels of measurement of variables, a refreshment
• Creating dummy variables for regression analysis
• OLS with categorical regressors
• Ordinal regression
• Binary logistic regression
• Multinomial logistic regression
• Probit regression
• ANOVA and MANOVA
• Panel data analysis
• Time series analysis
3. Training methods
The training course will be run in a workshop style with a high degree of participants’ involvement. Adult learning methodologies will be employed, and participants will not be passive. Debate and open discussions will be encouraged. The trainer will use a mix of presentations to define and explain key concepts and practical exercises (including real case studies). Trainees are encouraged to bring their own laptops.
EPRN will issue completion certificates to participants who will successfully attend the course and pass the course test.
Note : At the end of the course, the trainer will deliver a test, and ONLY participants who will get at least 60% will get the certificates. Others will be advised to wait until another training opportunity for the same course and will attend it free of charge (this chance is provided only once).
5. Training Fees and Venue
*Members : 60,000 Rwf
* Non-members : 100,000 Rwf
This training will be held at University of Rwanda/ CBE Gikondo Campus (former SFB).
6. Payment process
Interested applicants are encouraged to pay the registration fees through the following bank details :
• Bank Account : 00040 06945750 07 RWF (Bank of Kigali)
• Title of the Account : Economic Policy Research Network
Scan the bank slip and send it to : firstname.lastname@example.org and copy to : email@example.com OR bring the hard copy of bank slip to EPRN office at UR-CBE Gikondo (former SFB).
You can also pay through MTN MOMO PAY (*182*8*1*030683#) or through PayPal on our website (www.eprnrwanda.org) and notify us through firstname.lastname@example.org
7. How to become ‘EPRN Member’ ?
To join our Network, you need to pay membership fees :
• Individual annual membership fees are 50,000Rwf for national experts ; and 100,000Rwf for international experts (Non-Rwandans). A year is counted from the date you paid on.
• Undergraduate students pay 5000Rwf a year, whereas post-graduate students pay 20,000 Rwf. Fresh graduates keep paying the same fees as enrolled students for a period of one year after graduation.
• Annual Membership Fees for Institutional members : Development Partners, INGOs, Ministries and Government agencies pay 2 Million Rwf. Other Institutions like Universities, CSOs/NGOs, Private Companies pay 1 Million Rwf.
Key Membership Benefits are :
(a) Networking with other experts, (b) professional trainings at a discounted rate, (c) free online training, (d) research facilitation (mentorship, presentation and publication), (e) institutions have access to a wide audience for studies’ reports dissemination through policy debates and conferences, (f) institutions have easy access to resource parsons/experts, (g) easy flow of information through a wide network of experts.
Done at Kigali, 01/12/2021