Recruitment of a professional designer OR journalist to design papers to be published as a “4th EPRN Paper Series”
Submission deadline : 16/06/2021
The Economic Policy Research Network (EPRN Rwanda) is a Research and Training Institution with status of local NGO aiming at strengthening the capacities of individuals and organizations active in or with an interest in economic policy research and analysis. EPRN Rwanda therefore responds to economic policy gaps resulting mainly from lack of quality and informative research and the challenge of human capacity in terms of limited numbers of economic researchers and active involvement.
The mission of EPRN Rwanda is to contribute to the evidence based economic policy making by providing high quality research, building capacity and creating networking opportunities.
One of the flagship activities of EPRN is the Annual Economic Research Conference. This year, EPRN in collaboration with GIZ, UNCTAD, IFPRI, UNDP, OXFAM and other partners organized the 7th Economic Research Conference which held on 27th May 2021 at Serena Hotel and Online. The conference theme was “Economic policy measures to enhance productive capacities post COVID-19 Crisis” . During the conference the following papers have been presented by EPRN Members :
• Subverting borders, precarity and vulnerability : the socio-economic impact of COVID-19 on informal cross-border traders between Rwanda and Democratic Republic of Congo
• The impact of mobile banking on the wellbeing of Rwandan citizens during the Coronavirus period : a case study of Umwalimu SACCO
• The role of digital solutions in economic resilience and growth in Rwanda
• Challenges and opportunities of moving to online learning in the higher learning institutions in Rwanda : lessons learnt during COVID -19 pandemics
2. Purpose of the Conference
The 7th Economic Research Conference provided a research platform and exchange forum for economic researchers from a wide spectrum such as academics, government officials, representatives of development partners, CSOs around the topic of “Economic policy measures to enhance productive capacities post COVID-19 Crisis”. This was also an opportunity to brainstorm on our Country status in regards to the pandemic impacts and suggest innovative policy solutions to increase productive capacities.
EPRN wishes to publish the four papers which have been published during the conference in the form of working papers (paper series). The purpose of this assignment is to have a professional designer/journalist who is able to design a publication and prepare a good outlook of the publication.
3. Scope of work
The assignment consists of :
• Read through the 4 papers and suggest a logical arrangement of the papers in the publication
• Check all grammatical errors, including language errors, tables and graphs… • Compile the four papers in one document and design the book in a professional way easy to ready
• Advise and add other relevant information (in addition to papers) and make it ready for printing.
More specifically, the tasks of the designer/journalist are to cross check the form, grammar, context, logical flow of the papers and the whole document ; and ensure the document is ready for being printed and disbursed.
4. Required expertise
The following qualifications are required :
• University degree in economics, management, business studies, journalism, communication and related fields.
• Experience in reviewing and designing documents before publication or before presentation
• Fluency in English is required
• Good knowledge of publication practices and more specifically those related to Working Paper Series
• Excellent analytical skills, report writing and oral presentation skills.
• EPRN Members have priority in selection
This assignment is expected to be performed in 10 days or any other period as may be subsequently agreed upon by the consultant and client.
6. Application Process
Interested candidates are requested to submit the detailed CV and Financial offer (by indicating daily rates including taxes) at EPRN office located at UR-CBE Gikondo (ex SFB) by not later than 16/06/2021, 5pm local time. Applications may also be sent through EPRN P.O. Box : 7375 Kigali-Rwanda until 16/06/2021, 1pm OR emailed to : firstname.lastname@example.org (please send all documents in PDF format and indicate “Application-Designer for the EPRN Paper Series” in the email subject) by not later than 16/06/2021, 5pm local time.