Call for application for a Professional Training on ‘Introduction to SPSS’
DATES : 23rd -25th April 2021 (9AM – 5PM)
Venue : National Institute of Statistics of Rwanda (NISR)
SPSS Statistics is a software package used for interactive, or batched, statistical analysis. It is one of the most popular software packages for conducting analysis.
EPRN as a professional research and training institute, wishes to invite interested individuals and institutions to attend this three-days training.
EPRN delivers SPSS training at three levels : beginners, intermediate and advanced. This time, it is a course for beginners.
2. Course content
This course is designed for ‘beginners’ and the content will include :
• Introduction to the SPSS environment (Data View and Variable View)
• Types of data storage used in SPSS
• Manipulating data to create new variables
• How to design a questionnaire in SPSS
• Generating descriptive statistics
• Graphical representation of data
• Exploratory data analysis
• Basic trend analysis
• Levels of measurement of variables
• Simple linear regression analysis
• Interpreting regression results produced by SPSS
3. Training methods
The training course will be run in a workshop style with a high degree of participants’ involvement. Adult learning methodologies will be employed, and participants will not be passive. Debate and open discussions will be encouraged. The trainer will use a mix of presentations to define and explain key concepts and practical exercises. Trainees are encouraged to bring their own laptops. EPRN will provide SPSS software (training version).
EPRN will issue completion certificates to participants who will successfully attend the course and pass the course test.
Note : At the end of the course, the trainer will deliver a test, and ONLY participants who will get at least 60% will get the certificates. Others will be advised to wait until another training opportunity for the same course becomes available which they will attend free of charge (this chance is provided only once).
5. Training fees, venue and refreshments
• Members : 60,000 Rwf
• Non-members : 100,000 Rwf
This training will be held at the National Institute of Statistics of Rwanda (NISR). EPRN will provide lunch and SPSS software (training version) free-of-charge.
6. Payment process
Interested applicants are encouraged to pay the registration fees through the following bank details :
• Bank Account : 00040 06945750 07 RWF (Bank of Kigali)
• Title of the Account : Economic Policy Research Network
Scan the bank slip and send it to : [email protected] OR bring the hard copy of bank slip to EPRN office at University of Rwanda- Gikondo Campus (former SFB).
You can also pay through MTN MOMO PAY (*182*8*1*030683#) or through PayPal on our website (www.eprnrwanda.org) and notify us through [email protected]
NB : Tailor-Made Course