Call for application for a Professional Training on ‘Introduction to STATA’
DATES : 19th -21st March 2021 (9AM – 5PM)
Venue : National Institute of Statistics of Rwanda (NISR)
Stata is a powerful statistical software that enables users to analyze, manage, and produce graphical visualizations of data. In addition to analytical commands, Stata also has powerful commands for manipulating data, extracting, formatting and exporting results. It is a full-featured statistical programming language for Windows, Mac OS X, Unix and Linux. Stata is available in several versions : Stata/IC (the standard version), Stata/SE (an extended version) and Stata/MP (for multiprocessing). The major difference between the versions is the number of variables allowed in memory, which is limited to 2,047 in standard Stata/IC, but can be much larger in Stata/SE or Stata/MP.
EPRN as a professional research and training institute, wishes to invite interested individuals and institutions to attend this three-days training.
EPRN delivers Stata training at three levels : beginners, intermediate and advanced. This time, it is a course for beginners.
2. Course content
This course is designed for ‘beginners’ and the content will include :
• Getting started with Stata software (the Stata environment)
• Importing data to Stata and saving Stata files
• Creating and editing do files
• Exploring your data : addressing missing values and working with different variable types
• Graphics in Stata/ Graphical analysis
• Working with multiple Stata files : merge and append
• Introduction to descriptive analysis using Stata
• Introduction to regression analysis using Stata
3. Training methods
The training course will be run in a workshop style with a high degree of participants’ involvement. Adult learning methodologies will be employed, and participants will not be passive. Debate and open discussions will be encouraged. The trainer will use a mix of presentations to define and explain key concepts and practical exercises. Trainees are encouraged to bring their own laptops. EPRN will provide STATA software (training version).
EPRN will issue completion certificates to participants who will successfully attend the course and pass the course test.
Note : At the end of the course, the trainer will deliver a test, and ONLY participants who will get at least 60% will get the certificates. Others will be advised to wait until another training opportunity for the same course becomes available which they will attend free of charge (this chance is provided only once).
5. Training fees, venue and refreshments
• Members : 60,000 Rwf
• Non-members : 100,000 Rwf
This training will be held at the National Institute of Statistics of Rwanda (NISR).
EPRN will provide lunch and STATA software (training version) free-of-charge.
6. Payment process
Interested applicants are encouraged to pay the registration fees through the following bank details :
• Bank Account : 00040 06945750 07 RWF (Bank of Kigali)
• Title of the Account : Economic Policy Research Network
Scan the bank slip and send it to : email@example.com OR bring the hard copy of bank slip to EPRN office at University of Rwanda- Gikondo Campus (former SFB).
You can also pay through MTN MOMO PAY (*182*8*1*030683#) or through PayPal on our website (www.eprnrwanda.org) and notify us through firstname.lastname@example.org
7. How to become an ‘EPRN Member’ ?
To join our network, you need to pay membership fees :
• Individual annual membership fees are 50,000 Rwf for national experts ; and 100,000Rwf for international experts (Non-Rwandans). A year is counted from the date of payment.
• Undergraduate students pay 5000 Rwf a year, whereas post-graduate students pay 20,000 Rwf. Fresh graduates keep paying the same fees as enrolled students for a period of one year after graduation.
• Annual membership fees for institutional members : Development Partners, INGOs, Ministries and Government agencies pay 2 Million Rwf. Other Institutions like universities, CSOs/NGOs, and private companies pay 1 million Rwf.
Key Membership Benefits are :
(a) Networking with other experts, (b) professional trainings at a discounted rate, (c) free online training, (d) research facilitation (mentorship, presentation and publication), (e) institutions have access to a wide audience for studies’ reports dissemination through policy debates and conferences, (f) institutions have easy access to resource parsons/experts, (g) easy flow of information through a wide network of experts, etc…
If you need further clarifications, call us through : 0788357648 or write to us : email@example.com
Done at Kigali, 04/03/2021
Mr. Seth KWIZERA