Call for application : Professional Training on ‘Proposal Writing Skills’
DATES : 05th -07th March 2021 (9AM – 4PM)
Venue : University of Rwanda, CBE Gikondo (Former SFB buildings)
This course will help participants to master the art of fundraising through funding proposals. Proposal are written as a response to donors’ call for submission of proposals. Sometimes, we approach the donors requesting for possible funding. In both cases, we have to describe about our organization, why we want to undertake the project, what we will do and the cost of the projected proposed. At the same time, it is necessary to consider specific needs of the donor. Many of the donors have clear proposal guidelines with formats. It is important to read them carefully before we write a proposal. We also need to understand or assume that the donors do not know well about the project area we intend to invest in and sometimes they don’t know what is going on in regard to the project objectives, demands, and intended outcomes. Brief explanation about the project proposal can help them understand the situation well.
2. Why attend this Training
This course is a great fit for you or your organization if you :
• Write new business proposals or respond to RFPs/Grants.
• Work on a resource mobilization.
• Are new to writing grant winning proposals.
• Want to improve your proposal writing skills.
• Write internal business proposals.
• Review proposals before submission.
3. Course content
• Write proposals with a higher chance of winning
• Learn how to differentiate your proposals from competitors
• Best practices, templates, guides, and tips and tricks
• Proposal strategy, planning, drafting and improving
• Thinking like a proposal analyst, funder, buyer or investor
• Learning to win business via grants and contracts
• Guided hands-on practical proposal writing sessions
4. Training methods
The training course will be run in a workshop style with a high degree of participants’ involvement. Adult learning methodologies will be employed, and participants will not be passive. Debate and open discussions will be encouraged. The trainer will use a mix of presentations to define and explain key concepts and practical exercises (including real case studies). Trainees are encouraged to bring their own laptops.
EPRN will issue completion certificates to participants who will successfully attend the course and pass the course test.
Note : At the end of the course, the trainer will deliver a test, and ONLY participants who will get at least 60% will get the certificates. Others will be advised to wait until another training opportunity for the same course and will attend it free of charge (this chance is provided only once).
6. Training Fees
• Members : 60,000 Rwf
• Non-members : 100,000 Rwf
7. Payment process
Interested applicants are encouraged to pay the registration fees through the following bank details :
• Bank Account : 00040 06945750 07 RWF (Bank of Kigali)
• Title of the Account : Economic Policy Research Network
8. How to become ‘EPRN Member’ ?
To join our Network, you need to pay membership fees :
• Individual annual membership fees are 50,000Rwf for national experts ; and 100,000Rwf for international experts (Non-Rwandans). A year is counted from the date you paid on.
• Undergraduate students pay 5000Rwf a year, whereas post-graduate students pay 20,000 Rwf. Fresh graduates keep paying the same fees as enrolled students for a period of one year after graduation.
• Annual Membership Fees for Institutional members : Development Partners, INGOs, Ministries and Government agencies pay 2 Million Rwf. Other Institutions like Universities, CSOs/NGOs, Private Companies pay 1 Million Rwf.
Key Membership Benefits are :
(a) Networking with other experts, (b) professional trainings at a discounted rate, (c) free online training, (d) research facilitation (mentorship, presentation and publication), (e) institutions have access to a wide audience for studies’ reports dissemination through policy debates and conferences, (f) institutions have easy access to resource parsons/experts, (g) easy flow of information through a wide network of experts, etc…
If you need further clarifications, call us through : 0788357648 or write to us : [email protected]
Done at Kigali, 19/02/2021
Mr. Seth KWIZERA