Call for application for a Professional Training about “Planning, Monitoring & Evaluation and reporting of projects”
Venue : Virtual Training by use of MS Teams
DATE : 14th to 16th August 2020 (9AM – 4PM)
This three days training is very practical and interactive thus providing a step by step approach to planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting of projects. This course primarily targets project/program managers, specialists, M&E and planning officers, individual consultants and other experts interested in the subject. It is expected that after the course participants will be able to effectively prepare projects and activity’ plans with SMART indicators of success, carry out results-based M&E and able to report on project’s achievements and measure impacts.
2. Training Objective
The principal training objective is to ensure participants have enhanced capacity and understanding in the areas of planning, results-based monitoring and evaluation, reporting and impact evaluation. Through this course, trainees will acquire knowledge and skills of how to plan a development project, using the Logical Framework Approach, and how to design an M&E plan.
After the training, successful participants are expected to have :
• An upgraded workable understanding of the key concepts in planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting of projects and programmes
• An understanding of the importance of integrating monitoring, evaluation and reporting into project planning, and an understanding of where they fit into the project cycle
• Knowledge of how to plan a project using the Logical Framework Approach
• Knowledge of how to develop a result-based monitoring and evaluation framework
• A basic knowledge of data collection and analysis techniques, and their relationship to the different types of evaluation
Participants will also be able to :
• Be able to identify and develop “SMART” objectives and indicators
• Monitor their projects and the achievement of objectives
• Identify appropriate qualitative and quantitative data collection techniques
• Construct a terms of reference and an evaluation report
4. Training methods
The training course will be run in a workshop style with a high degree of participant involvement. Group work will be interspersed with input sessions. Adult learning methodologies will be employed, and participants will not be passive. Debate and discussion will be encouraged. The trainer is expert facilitator, and under his guidance, the participants will also be able to learn from and share with each other. The aim of this approach is to ensure relevance and direct application of the tools acquired.
EPRN will issue completion certificates to participants who successfully attended the course and pass the course test.
Note : At the end of the course, the trainer will deliver a test, and ONLY participants who pass the course with at least 60% will get the certificate. Others will be advised to wait until another training opportunity for the same course (free of charge).
6. Training Fees
• Members : 40,000 Rwf
• Non-members : 100,000 Rwf
7. Application process
Interested applicants are encouraged to pay the registration fees through the following bank details :
• Bank Account : 00040 06945750 07 RWF (Bank of Kigali)
• Title of the Account : Economic Policy Research Network
Scan the bank slip and send it to : email@example.com and copy to : firstname.lastname@example.org OR bring the hard copy of bank slip to EPRN office at UR-CBE Gikondo (former SFB).
8. How to become ‘EPRN Member’ ?
• Key Membership Benefits are : Networking with other experts, professional trainings at a discounted rate, online free online training, research facilitation (mentorship and presentations), Study dissemination through policy debates and conferences, linkage to resource parsons/experts, easy flow of information through a wide network of experts, etc…
• Annual Membership Fees (valid from January to December each year) :
. Individuals : Senior members pay 50,000 Rwf (local) and 100,000 Rwf (international). Master Students and bachelor graduates pay 20,000 Rwf and Bachelor Students pay 5,000 Rwf.
. Institutional membership is also available : Development Partners, INGOs, Government Ministries and Government agencies pay 2 Million Rwf. Other Institutions like Universities, CSOs/NGOs, Private Companies pay 1 Million Rwf.
If you need further clarifications, call us through : 0788357648 or write to us : email@example.com
Mr. Seth Kwizera