Call for application : Professional Training about Proposal Writing Skills (including concept notes development and report writing packages)
Virtual Training by use of MS Teams with Dr. Rukundo Bosco Johnson
19th -21st JUNE 2020 (9AM – 4PM)
This course will help you master the art of fundraising through funding proposals. We normally write proposals because donors call for submission of proposals. Sometimes, we approach the donors asking the possibility of getting budget. In both cases, we have to describe about our organization, why we want to carry out this project, what we will do and how much money we request. At the same time, it is necessary to consider specific needs of the donor. Many of the donors have clear proposal guidelines with formats. It is important to read them carefully before we write the proposal. We also need to understand or assume that the donors do not know well about the area we are talking about and sometimes they don’t know what is going on. Brief explanation about your area can help them understand the situation well.
2. Why attend this Training
This course is a great fit for you or your organization if you :
• Write new business proposals or respond to RFPs/Grants.
• Work on a resource mobilization.
• Are new to writing grant winning proposals.
• Want to improve your proposal writing skills.
• Write internal business proposals.
• Review proposals before submission.
3. What you’ll learn
• Write proposals with a higher chance of winning.
• Learn how to differentiate your proposals from competitors.
• Best practices, templates, guides, and tips and tricks.
• Proposal strategy, planning, drafting and improving.
• Thinking like a proposal analyst, funder, buyer or investor.
• Learning to win business via grants and contracts.
• Guided hands-on practical proposal writing sessions
4. Training methods
The training course will be run in a workshop style with a high degree of participant involvement. Adult learning methodologies will be employed, and participants will not be passive. Debates and discussions will be encouraged. The trainer will use a mix of presentations to define and explain key concepts and practical exercises, and the facilitator will show/use practical case studies (projects proposals, grant proposals, etc.) to ensure the sessions are practical.
EPRN will send an invitation link to participants. Participants will attend from their places by use of Microsoft Teams. There will be interaction with the trainer ; and between trainees themselves for maximum skills exchanges and engagement.
EPRN will issue completion certificates to participants who successfully attended the course and pass the course test.
Note : At the end of the course, the trainer will deliver a test, and ONLY participants who pass the course with at least 60% will get the certificate. Others will be advised to wait until another training opportunity for the same course (free of charge).
6. Training Fees
• Members : 40,000 Rwf
• Non-members : 100,000 Rwf
7. Application process
Interested applicants are encouraged to pay the registration fees through the following bank details :
• Bank Account : 00040 06945750 07 RWF (Bank of Kigali)
• Title of the Account : Economic Policy Research Network
Scan the bank slip and send it to : email@example.com and copy to : firstname.lastname@example.org OR bring the hard copy of bank slip to EPRN office at UR-CBE Gikondo (former SFB).
8. How to become ‘EPRN Member’ ?
- Key Membership Benefits are : Networking with other experts, professional trainings at a discounted rate, online free online training, research facilitation (mentorship and presentations), Study dissemination through policy debates and conferences, linkage to resource parsons/experts, easy flow of information through a wide network of experts, etc…
- Annual Membership Fees (valid from January to December each year) :
. Individuals : Senior members pay 50,000 Rwf (local) and 100,000 Rwf (international). Master Students and bachelor graduates pay 20,000 Rwf and Bachelor Students pay 5,000 Rwf.
. Institutional membership is also available : Development Partners, INGOs, Government Ministries and Government agencies pay 2 Million Rwf. Other Institutions like Universities, CSOs/NGOs, Private Companies pay 1 Million Rwf.
If you need further clarifications, call us through : 0788357648 or write to us : email@example.com
Mr Seth Kwizera