Professional Training : “ADVANCED EXCEL”
Trainer : Mr. David NGIRIMANA @UR-CBE Gikondo, 07-09 FEBRUARY 2020 (8H30AM – 5 PM) ----Weekend program
Advanced EXCEL is designed to help users to get very useful, practical but advanced skills in Ms. EXCEL.
The ability to organize, calculate and evaluate quantitative data are important skills and currently needed in many fields ; such as business analysts, statisticians, people in decision-making positions, researchers and other practitioners. Advanced EXCEL training offers hands-on skills to using the Spreadsheet at an advanced level in daily works ; including data validation and visualization, data summarizing, analysis and presentation.
2. Training Content
This course will cover topics like :
- Introduction to Excel ( catchup with EXCEL with a quick review of basics in Excel)
- Introduction to Advanced Excel ( Excel Shortcuts, useful functions for financial modeling such NPV, PV, YIELD, PRICE, etc. those for statistical analysis such as AVERAGE, CORREL, COUNT, RANK, SUMIF, and many others)
- Data Validation (Extended uses of Data Validation, Working with validation formulae, …)
- Preparing your data for analysis (Mastering lookup functions -INDEX, MATCH, applying NESTED-IF, AND, OR to organize data, etc.
- Methods of Summarizing Data (Use of PIVOT-TABLE features like Value Field Settings, Grouping Data and Ranking among others, introduction and calculations using Power Pivot, etc.)
- Report Visualization Techniques in Excel (Report interactivity -Using Pick-Lists, Form Controls like combo box, Effectively using Conditional Formatting (formula-driven) for reporting, Calculations in PowerPivot)
- Decision Making with Excel ( Apply advanced formulas to lay data in readiness for analysis, Use advanced techniques for report visualizations, Leverage on various methodologies of summarizing data, Understand and apply basic principles of laying out Excel models for decision making, etc.)
This is a Three (3) day training program.
4. Who should attend
Finance managers, accountants, auditors, analysts, statisticians, consultants, HR specialists & data managers who want to acquire advanced skills in Ms. Excel.
5. Training methods
The training course will be run in a workshop style with a high degree of participants’ involvement and Adult learning methodologies will be employed, and participants will not be passive. Debate and discussion will be encouraged. The trainer will use a mix of presentations to define and explain key concepts and practical exercises using EXCEL. The participants are advised to bring their laptops.
EPRN will issue completion certificates to participants who successfully attended the course and pass the training test.
Note : At the end of the course, the trainer will administer a test, and ONLY participants who will pass the test with at least 60% will get certificates. Others will be advised to wait until another training opportunity for the same course (free of charge).
7. Training Fees
- Members : 20,000 Rwf
- Non-members : 100,000 Rwf. (discount : for 2 trainees from one institution : each pays 75,000 Rwf)
8. Application process
Interested applicants are encouraged to pay the registration fees through the following bank details :
- Bank Account : 00040 06945750 07 RWF (Bank of Kigali)
- Title of the Account : Economic Policy Research Network
Scan the bank slip and send it to email@example.com and copy to firstname.lastname@example.org OR bring the hard copy of the bank slip to the EPRN office located at the University of Rwanda Headquarters-CBE Gikondo (former SFB).
NB : Applicants are required to bring their laptops.
If you need further clarifications, call us through 0788357648 or write to us : email@example.com