CONSULTANT IN OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT AND M&E
Terms of Reference
1. Background summary
The Economic Policy Research Network (EPRN Rwanda) is a membership-based Research Institution aiming at strengthening the capacities of individuals and organizations active in or with an interest with the economic development sector. The mission of EPRN Rwanda is to contribute to the evidence-based economic policymaking by providing high-quality research, building capacity and creating networking opportunities.
EPRN Rwanda carries out research and consultancies in the fields of socio-economic development, inclusive growth, green growth and environmental protection, agriculture, social protection, policy research, and analysis, etc.
To enhance its capacities in responding to research and consultancies, and improving service delivery, EPRN Rwanda needs to hire a qualified and experienced consultant to work as Operations Manager and M&E expert.
2. Supervision and Position description
Under the supervision of the Coordinator, the Operations Manager and M&E Expert will be responsible for monitoring and responding to research and consultancies aligned to EPRN areas of interventions, responsible for M&E initiatives to ensure EPRN is responding towards its vision and mission
3. Detailed scope of work
The consultant will have the following duties and responsibilities :
- Monitor research grants and other consultancies opportunities to which EPRN may apply for
- Develop high-quality concept notes and proposals
- Monitor and evaluate EPRN programs and activities, summarize lessons learned and suggest a way forward
- Provide inputs, information, and statistics for monthly, quarterly, annual and other reports to Coordinator ;
- Assist EPRN team members with M&E tools and support them with their use ;
- Prepare and maintain EPRN database ;
4. Required Skills and Experience
- University Degree preferably in Economics, Business Administration or related fields.
- A minimum of five years of work experience
- Proven practical experience in writing funding concept notes and proposals
- Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis, and production of reports ;
- Expertise in M&E related activities and responsibilities ;
- Experience in coordinating teams ; training and skills transfer is an added value
- Fluency in written and spoken English is a condition.
The selected consultant will sign a six months’ contract after which EPRN management will decide whether the contract will be renewed or not ; based on performance against the scope of work.
6. Application Process
Interested candidates are requested to submit an application letter addressed to the EPRN Coordinator, detailed CV, copies of degrees, recommendation letters from previous employers and/or other completion certificates ; through EPRN P.O box : 7375 Kigali-Rwanda until 12/02/2020, 1 pm. You may also bring the hard copies of your application documents at EPRN office located at the University of Rwanda headquarters, Gikondo Campus (former SFB Mburabuturo) by not later than 12/02/2020, 5 pm local time. Applications may also be sent through email : email@example.com (send all documents in PDF format and indicate Application- Operations manager and M&E expert in the email subject, by not later than 12/02/2020, 5 pm local time.
a. For further clarification write to : firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0788305142.
b. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.