Professional Training about “Introduction to STATA”
20-22 September 2019 (8H30AM – 5PM) ----Weekend program
Trainer : Dr. Ggombe Kasim Munyegera
Call for application : Professional Training about “Introduction to STATA”
This course is meant to strengthen participant’s ability to analyze large datasets using one of the popular software (STATA). It is suitable for project officers, project managers, economists, M&E specialists, researchers keen to horn their skills in policy and statistical analysis.
2. Training Content
This course is for beginners in the field of STATA. It will cover topics like :
- Introduction to quantitative data analysis
- Importing data
- Viewing and manipulating data
- Creating and renaming variables
- Descriptive analysis (univariate, bivariate and multivariate)
- Graphical analysis
- Inferential statistics and regression analysis
Upon completing this course, you will have the skills to :
- Understand techniques of economic policy analysis
- Transform categorical to continuous variables
- Represent data graphically
- Analyze data and produce descriptive statistics in STATA
- Analyze data and produce inferential statistics in STATA
- Interpret regression output in STATA
3. Who should attend ?
This course is recommended for : Researchers, Statisticians, Data managers, Project/programme managers, Policy analysists and Professionals in public and private sector who deal with data and project design, execution and M&E.
4. Training methods
The training course will be run in a workshop style with a high degree of participant involvement. Adult learning methodologies will be employed, and participants will not be passive. Debate and discussion will be encouraged. The trainer will use a mix of presentations to define and explain key concepts and practical exercises using STATA. The participants are advised to bring their laptops. The trainer will provide a free STATA version to all participants.
EPRN will issue completion certificates to participants who successfully attended the course and pass the course test.
Note : At the end of the course, the trainer will deliver a test, and ONLY participants to pass the course with at least 60% will get the certificate. Others will be advised to wait until another training opportunity for the same course (free of charge).
6. Training Fees
- Members : 20,000 Rwf
- Non-members : 100,000 Rwf. (discount : for 2 trainees from one institution : each pays 70,000 Rwf ; from 3 trainees coming from one institution, each pays 50,000 Rwf).
7. Application process
Interested applicants are encouraged to pay the registration fees through the following bank details :
- Bank Account : 00040 06945750 07 RWF (Bank of Kigali)
- Title of the Account : Economic Policy Research Network
Scan the bank slip and send it to : [email protected] and copy to : [email protected] OR bring the hard copy of bank slip to EPRN office located at University of Rwanda Headquarters-CBE Gikondo (former SFB).
NB : Applicants are required to bring their laptops.
If you need further clarifications, call us through : 0788357648 or write to us : [email protected]