Professional Training about “Consultancy Management Skills”
19-21 July 2019 (8AM – 5PM)----Week-end program
Trainer : Dr Rukundo Johnson
Call for application Professional Training about “Consultancy Management Skills”
Like any other business, consultancy practices need to be managed and business performance depends on the quality of management. This intensive course focuses on the key competency areas that are needed to manage consultancy work effectively. This course is for consultants who are in a managerial role in a consulting practice and want to develop their skills and knowledge so they can perform it better. It is also valuable for those who want to progress to more senior roles in a consulting practice that involve managerial as well as consulting skills.
2. Training Objective
The main purpose is to enhance consultancy management skills of new and existing consultants, but also the skills of staff managing consultancies /projects. Even for those with previous management experience, the business of consulting can present new challenges. This course is to equip them with an understanding of the areas in which competence is needed and the skills and techniques needed to perform the managerial role well.
3. Course Content
This course is workshop based, relying not only on input from the trainer/facilitator but also encouraging participants to reflect on their experience in their own practices and to consider the application of learning within their own business environment :
- Self-development : making the most of your own potential
- Development of others : enabling other consultants to deliver better performance
- Managing consultancy business performance
- Managing the sales and marketing function
- Managing client relationships and achieving optimal positioning with the client
- Developing and leveraging corporate intellectual property
- Moving towards promotion
By the end of this course you should :
- understand the processes by which you can develop your own skills
- understand the key processes by which you can manage and develop other consultants both on projects and within the practice
- know the key factors affecting consultancy business performance
- understand the principles of running a sales function both strategically and operationally
- have developed tools and techniques that enable you to be better able to manage clients relationships
- understand how to develop and leverage corporate intellectual property
5. Training methods
The training course will be run in a workshop style with a high degree of participant involvement. Group work will be interspersed with input sessions. Adult learning methodologies will be employed, and participants will not be passive. Debate and discussion will be encouraged. The trainer is expert facilitator, and under his guidance, the participants will also be able to learn from and share with each other.
EPRN will issue Certificates of Completion to participants who successfully attended the course and pass the course test.
Note : At the end of the course, the trainer will deliver a test, and ONLY participants to pass the course with at least 60% will get the certificate. Others will be advised to wait until another training opportunity for the same course (free of charge).
7. Training Fees
- Members : 20,000 Rwf
- Non-members : 100,000 Rwf. (discount : for 2 trainees from one institution : each pays 70,000 Rwf ; from 3 trainees coming from one institution, each pays 50,000 Rwf).
8. Application process
Interested applicants are encouraged to pay the registration fees through the following bank details :
- Bank Account : 00040 06945750 07 RWF (Bank of Kigali)
- Title of the Account : Economic Policy Research Network
Scan the bank slip and send it to : [email protected] and copy to : [email protected] OR bring the hard copy of bank slip to EPRN office located at University of Rwanda Headquarters-CBE Gikondo (former SFB).
NB : Applicants are required to bring their laptops.