Professional Training about Proposal Writing Skills
DATE : 18-21 June 2019 (5:30pm – 8:30pm)----Evening program
Trainer : Dr Rukundo Johnson
Call for application : Professional Training about Proposal Writing Skills
This course will help you master the art of fundraising through funding proposals. We normally write proposals because donors call for submission of proposals. Sometimes, we approach the donors asking the possibility of getting budget. In both cases, we have to describe about our organization, why we want to carry out this project, what we will do and how much money we request. At the same time, it is necessary to consider specific needs of the donor. Many of the donors have clear proposal guidelines with formats. It is important to read them carefully before we write the proposal. We also need to understand or assume that the donors do not know well about the area we are talking about and sometimes they don’t know what is going on. Brief explanation about your area can help them understand the situation well.
2. Why attend this Training
This course is a great fit for you or your organization if you :
- Write new business proposals or respond to RFPs/Grants.
- Work on a Resource mobilization.
- Are new to writing Grant proposals.
- Want to improve your proposal writing skills.
- Write internal business proposals.
- Review proposals before submission.
3. What you’ll learn
- Write proposals with a higher chance of winning.
- Learn how to differentiate your proposals from competitors.
- Best practices, templates, guides, and tips and tricks.
- Proposal strategy, planning, drafting and improving.
- Thinking like a proposal analyst, funder, buyer or investor.
- Learning to win business via grants and contracts.
- Guided hands-on practical proposal writing sessions
4. Training methods
The training course will be run in a workshop style with a high degree of participant involvement. Adult learning methodologies will be employed, and participants will not be passive. Debate and discussion will be encouraged. The trainer will use a mix of presentations to define and explain key concepts and practical exercises, and the facilitator will show/use practical case studies (projects proposals, grant proposals, etc.) to ensure the sessions are practical. Participants are advised to bring their laptops.
EPRN will issue completion certificates to participants who successfully attended the course and pass the course test.
Note : At the end of the course, the trainer will deliver a test, and ONLY participants to pass the course with at least 60% will get the certificate. Others will be advised to wait until another training opportunity for the same course (free of charge).
6. Training Fees
- Members : 20,000 Rwf
- Non-members : 100,000 Rwf. (discount : for 2 trainees from one institution : each pays 70,000 Rwf ; from 3 trainees coming from one institution, each pays 50,000 Rwf).
7. Application process
Interested applicants are encouraged to pay the registration fees through the following bank details :
- Bank Account : 00040 06945750 07 RWF (Bank of Kigali)
- Title of the Account : Economic Policy Research Network
Scan the bank slip and send it to : [email protected] and copy to : [email protected] OR bring the hard copy of bank slip to EPRN office at UR-CBE Gikondo (former SFB).
NB : Applicants are required to bring their laptops. EPRN will provide lunch to participants and Training Venue is at University Building, Gikondo Campus.
If you need further clarifications, call us through : 0788357648 or write to us : [email protected]
Done at Kigali, 10/06/2019