Call for application for a Professional Training : “Strategic Human Resource Management”
Date : 03-05 May 2019 (8am – 5pm) at University of Rwanda
Trainer : Dr NDEZE Pierre Damien (PhD in Human Resource Management)
This three-day course in “Strategic Human Resource Management” draws on theory from the social and behavioral sciences as well as organizational leadership. This specific course is designed to help managers and officers working in areas related to projects management in general and/or human resource management specifically understand and address issues confronting both individuals and organizations. Coursework focuses on workplace topics such as human relations and communication, training and development, staffing skills and strategies, and leadership within the workplace.
Human Resources represent the dynamic force that allows a brand, business or organization to function. As such, the performance of an organization is determined almost entirely by the strength of its staff. From recruitment to training and continuous HR management, the HR manager plays a critical role in building and optimizing the team. Which is exactly why from a corporate perspective, the competent and capable HR professional represents one of the valued of all business assets.
2. Training Content
Topics to cover :
- Importance of Human Resource Management ;
- Recruitment and placement ;
- Compensation and benefits ;
- Human Resource Development ;
- Performance and appraisal ;
- Relationship and conflict management ;
- Leadership in workplace
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to :
- Understand the key strategic HR issues and trends that are relevant to today’s HR managers
- Learn how to design and implement an HR information system
- Know how to integrate job descriptions and performance evaluations
- Understand the principles and applications of performance benchmarking
Who should attend ?
This course is recommended for :
- HR Professionals
- Business owners
4. Training methods
The training course will be run in a workshop style with a high degree of participant involvement. Adult learning methodologies will be employed, and participants will not be passive. Debate and discussion will be encouraged. The participants are advised to bring their laptops.
EPRN will issue completion certificates to participants who successfully attended the course and pass the course test.
Note : At the end of the course, the trainer will deliver a test, and ONLY participants to pass the course with at least 60% will get the certificate. Others will be advised to wait until another training opportunity for the same course (free of charge).
6. Training Fees
- Members : 20,000 Rwf
- Non-members : 100,000 Rwf (80,000Rwf for those who will be able to pay 7 days before training date).
7. Application process
Interested applicants are encouraged to pay the registration fees through the following bank details :
- Bank Account : 00040 06945750 07 RWF (Bank of Kigali)
- Title of the Account : Economic Policy Research Network
If you are interrested apply trough https://forms.gle/54NsLA9m7XtgjrDU7 ; Scan the bank slip and send it to : [email protected] and copy to : [email protected] OR bring the hard copy of bank slip to EPRN office located at University of Rwanda Headquarters-CBE Gikondo (former SFB).
NB : Applicants are required to bring their laptops. EPRN will provide lunch to participants.
If you need further clarifications, call us through : 0788357648 or write to us : [email protected]