Call for application : Professional Training on “Planning, Monitoring & Evaluation and reporting of projects”
DATE : 08-10 February 2019 (8am – 5pm)----Week-end program
Venue : University of Rwanda /CBE Gikondo (former SFB)
This three days training is very practical and interactive thus providing a step by step approach to planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting of projects. This course primarily targets project/programs managers, M&E officers, planners, individual consultants and other experts interested in the subject. It is expected that after the course participants will be able to effectively prepare plans and carry out results-based M&E and able to report on project’s achievements and measure impacts.
2. Training Objective
The principal training objective is to ensure participants have enhanced capacity and understanding in the areas of planning, results-based monitoring and evaluation, reporting and impact evaluation. Through this course, EPRN members and other interested experts will acquire knowledge and skills of how to plan a development project, using the Logical Framework Approach, and how to design an M&E plan.
After the training, successful participants are expected to have :
- An upgraded workable understanding of the key concepts in planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting
- An understanding of the importance of integrating monitoring, evaluation and reporting into project planning, and an understanding of where they fit into the project cycle
- Knowledge of how to plan a project using the Logical Framework Approach
- Knowledge of how to develop a result-based monitoring and evaluation framework
- A basic knowledge of data collection and analysis techniques, and their relationship to the different types of evaluation
Participants will also be able to :
- Be able to identify and develop “SMART” objectives and indicators
- Monitor their projects and the achievement of objectives
- Identify appropriate qualitative and quantitative data collection techniques
- Construct a terms of reference and an evaluation report
4. Training methods
The training course will be run in a workshop style with a high degree of participant involvement. Group work will be interspersed with input sessions. Adult learning methodologies will be employed, and participants will not be passive. Debate and discussion will be encouraged. The trainer is expert facilitator, and under his guidance, the participants will also be able to learn from and share with each other.
- 5. Certificate
EPRN will issue completion certificates to participants who successfully attended the course and pass the course test.
Note : At the end of the course, the trainer will deliver a test, and ONLY participants to pass the course with at least 60% will get the certificate. Others will be advised to wait until another training opportunity for the same course (free of charge).
6. Training Fees
- Members : 20,000 Rwf
- Non-members : 100,000 Rwf (80,000Rwf for those who will be able to pay 7 days before training date)
- 7. Application process
Interested applicants are encouraged to pay the registration fees through the following bank details :
- Bank Account : 00040 06945750 07 RWF (Bank of Kigali)
- Title of the Account : Economic Policy Research Network
Scan the bank slip and send it to : [email protected] and copy to : [email protected] OR bring the hard copy of bank slip to EPRN office located at University of Rwanda Headquarters-CBE Gikondo (former SFB).
NB : Applicants are required to bring their laptops. EPRN will provide lunch to participants.
If you need further clarifications, call us through : 0788357648 or write to us : [email protected]